Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,uk.tech.broadcast
Adrian C

Default Adjusting pots on tube of monitor while switched on

Martin Underwood wrote:
All was fine until - you've guessed - my
finger happened to touch the terminals of the switch. Likewise, I was left
with a very sore, tingling arm - and a feeling that I had just lost one of
my nine lives.

I did get an electrical engineering degree a few years later ......

Same here.

Took apart (to save the bits) the SMPS from an old Sony betamax video
recorder forgetting to discharge some heavy capacitors first. My stray
fingers met some large DC voltage and by instinct / reflex I flung the
module across the room cutting myself badly on a fold in the metal work.

That electronics degree taught me nothing...

--
Adrian C