Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Slightly OT--Glass etching paint?

Awl--

Our beloved NYC homeys, being fair chemical mavens in their own right, have
discovered this glass-etching paint they use for their g-d grafitti. The
glass in subways and busses and glass busstops, as well as a fair number of
storefronts, are totally disfigured by this stuff, which *absolutely cannot
be removed*, as it actually etches/melts the glass, w/ a fairly opaque white
mess.

What is this stuff?? Where do you get it? The good hardware stores I've
asked at don't have a clue.
I know glass can be etched w/ HF (hydrofluoric) acid, but even that doesn't
do this kind of globby disfiguring, afaict.

I'd like to experiment a little w/ this stuff, to perhaps see what, if
anything, is resistant to it, or perhaps how to remove/reduce some of the
damage.
This stuff must be costing businesses, the city a g-d *fortune*.
Proly has single-handedly increased glass stock prices.

Iny idears/clues?
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll