Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default "Robertson" screwdriver bits

In article , T i m
wrote:
On Tue, 02 May 2006 11:16:20 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

CONs

snip

They're brilliant. Why anyone uses slotted, Phillips, or so-called
Pozidrive is beyond me.

Because the sheds don't push em and / or I've never knowingly seen them
anywhere (and I do like to lurk in a good tool shop) ;-)

Another 'con' I thought of is if the hole get's blocked with paint etc?
Because a std X head is set at a good angle it's fairly easy to clean it
out (same with a slotted screw) but I'm not sure how easy this would be
with a Robertson?

I'd thought you could have drilled it out lightly or poked it out with a sharp
implement.

Also, wuth X head screws you can push them with a bit of an angle if
needbe, can you do that with a Robertson (or do they do a 'ball ended'
Robertson like they do with 'hexes') ;-)

You can get a good purchase on it even if the handle is at 90 degrees. No
pressure required as there is with Pozi - and even slotted.