Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default "Robertson" screwdriver bits

On Tue, 02 May 2006 11:16:20 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

CONs

snip

They're brilliant. Why anyone uses slotted, Phillips, or so-called Pozidrive
is beyond me.

Because the sheds don't push em and / or I've never knowingly seen
them anywhere (and I do like to lurk in a good tool shop) ;-)

Another 'con' I thought of is if the hole get's blocked with paint
etc? Because a std X head is set at a good angle it's fairly easy to
clean it out (same with a slotted screw) but I'm not sure how easy
this would be with a Robertson?

Also, wuth X head screws you can push them with a bit of an angle if
needbe, can you do that with a Robertson (or do they do a 'ball ended'
Robertson like they do with 'hexes') ;-)

All the best ..

T i m