Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

Default Energy Saving Bulbs

On Tue, 02 May 2006 10:31:05 +0100, Adrian C
wrote:

RedOnRed wrote:
True. I had a few very old Philips ones that hummed. Now gone, replaced
with cheap chinese made ikea blinders...

That's funny, my experience is the exact opposite.

The philips ones were *very* old, and humming with a rasp was noted
towards the end of almost an 7 year life. My cheapie Ikea's 11W take an
age to warm up but when they do, staring at the bulbs is painful. I've
got two of those in a three bulb fitting - I daren't add the third :-(

Hi,

Why not get more Philips? The 'softone' ones are pretty good IMO.

cheers,
Pete.