Posted to alt.home.repair
Lena

Default Anyone care to comment on battery-powered lawn mowers?

Follow up on experience with Toyo batteries to replace original
Panasonic batteries in my B&D CM1000 lawnmower: These batteries lasted
for the full mowing job and there was hardly any drop in voltage by the
time I was finished. The Panasonics always seemed to get close or into
the yellow zone on the lawnmower's voltage indicator by the time I
completed mowing my less than 3000 sq ft of lawn. I suspect now that
the reason I was able to pick up this pristine mower at a B&D Outlet
for half the retail price was that the batteries were defective. Can't
complain, I got almost three years out of the pair of original
batteries, but if one is getting a deal on this mower, they ought to
figure in the cost of a new pair of batteries ($90) to anything sold at
a B&D Outlet.

Lena