Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default doorbell transformer

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 May 2006 21:45:07 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 01 May 2006 13:17:39 -0500, "Eric"
wrote:

I am searchign for the transformer to my doorbell system which I suspect
is
bad. In prior houses I have found it in the garage. This house does
not
have an attached garage and I cannot find it anywhere. Any ideas.

In my house, the transformer is in the closet with the furnace (and on
the same circuit as the furnace fan).
Mark Lloyd

You know how, in some states, you have to reveal the possible presence of
lead paint when you're selling your house? There should be similar law
requiring owners to locate and reveal the location of their doorbell
transformers. What the hell do a furnace fan and a doorbell have in
common??? :-)

The doorbell and furnace are two things installed in the house when
it's being built, and they both involve installing low-voltage wiring.
--

And they both have metal parts. There's the link!