Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,uk.tech.broadcast
Bruce H

Default Adjusting pots on tube of monitor while switched on

Couldn't this also have been a result of the VCR's back tension being out of
adjustment or was this occuring only with the regular cable signal?

Bruce

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Andy wrote:
I am in the UK.

I have been cleaning out the dust from the inside of my monitor and I
just moved a few pots to make sure their tracks are clean and returned
the pots to how they were.

Totally unnecessary operation but as you've fiddled now, it can't hurt to
mess around with some insulated tools and some safety knowledge. Track
down the Sci.Electronics.Rapair FAQ site and read.. (or skip the monitor
if the picture is bad, and get a better one from freecycle.org)

Long time ago a friend bought (then) a quite nice secondhand VHS video
recorder (JVC 3V43) with HiFi heads, still frame advance and all the toys.
Plugged it into his television set and noticed the picture tearing across
from the top. So he 'fixed' it. Took the VCR covers off, got some sand
paper, scrubbed the head drum - found 4 black specks wouldn't shift. So
took a screwdriver and neatly chipped them away...

Yes, this idiot computer programmer's TV was to blame (time constant not
set for VCR) but the video head was now completely beyond service - and
cost to replace as much as the whole recorder cost him :-(

--
Adrian C