Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,uk.tech.broadcast
Clive

Default Adjusting pots on tube of monitor while switched on

"Adrian C" wrote in message

Yes, this idiot computer programmer's TV was to blame (time constant not
set for VCR) but the video head was now completely beyond service - and
cost to replace as much as the whole recorder cost him :-(

Reminds me of when I walked into a friends room to find him armed with a
carving knife in one hand and the bezel of his computer monitor in the
other.

Turned out he had a computer game with some text which scrolled at the very
bottom on the screen and was partially obscured by the CRT surround which he
intended to carve away. I quickly pointed out the V-height pot at the back
of his monitor but it took hours to rebuild it as to get the bezel off he
had unplugged every cable and HT lead he could see.

I really am surprised we don't see more people electrocuted whilst messing
around in the back of TVs and monitors...

//Clive.