Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,uk.tech.broadcast
Clive

Default Adjusting pots on tube of monitor while switched on

"Andy" wrote in message
I am in the UK.

I have been cleaning out the dust from the inside of my monitor and I
just moved a few pots to make sure their tracks are clean and returned
the pots to how they were.

EEK, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

One of my first childhood 'accidents' was messing with the myriad of
alignment pots which were too easily accessable on the back of our old
Philips colour TV.

Moving pots which have not been touched for years can also cause problems
and can crack an old, seized shaft or rip up the carbon track.....

//Clive.