Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

Default High Voltage Wire Nuts?

writes:

I would use ovesize wire nuts to get the extra plastic thickness,
solder the wires before putting them into the wire nuts, and seal with
silicon rubber. I would also stay away from the unit when it was
plugged in if there is any moisture where I was standing. Seems like a
somewhat risky thing to do around highly conductive substances.

Why all the fuss? The sockets probably aren't sealed anyhow. What is
suggested above would be fine. Or even better, solder the wires and
cover with 2 or 3 layers of heatshrink tubing.

This isn't a true high voltage installation.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/