Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pete

Default Does it exist?

"bobs" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, my PC's 2 IDE channels are both in use leaving me unable to
connect anything further to them. So here's my problem, does a 4 way
IDE cable exist as opposed to the regular 3 way?
Basically i'm trying to fit a slave HDD to up the capacity as opposed
to upgrading my existing HDD. Are my attempts futile? Cheers, Bob.

If you already have four devices on your IDE chanells then you will have to
use a PCI expansion card or USB external unit. If you go for the PCI
expansion card then you may have trouble with the PSU which is undoubtedly
already struggling with the existing four devices. The best route would be
an external USB device that has it's own power.