Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeK

Default Houston area: Custom Molding needed

On 1 May 2006 16:31:40 -0700, wrote:

My house was built in 1978 and has the cabinet doors made with plywood,
3/8" inset, and a simple molding around all four sides of the door.

I want to reconfigure one area of the cabinets in the kitchen. This
will require four new doors. This should be an easy job, except for
the molding. I cannot find matching molding in the borgs and I cannot
find any router bit or bits that can be used to make the molding.

Can someone recommend an old lumber yard source that would still have
this style molding or someone who could make some. I really don't need
but about 16 linear feet of the molding so I can afford (and expect) to
pay very high price per foot to get exactly what I need.

If you have any suggestions about how to go about making it myself, i
am open to that as well. I am always looking for new excuses to get
more tools. I figure I will need at least a Laguna 16HD bandsaw like
Leon got. :-)

Bob

You might get lucky at Hogans
7770 Blankenship