Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Strange electrical problem

On 1 May 2006 04:57:01 -0700, "
wrote:

The light in my kids closet burned out. I replaced it and it burned out
w/in a day. I thought I had a bad bulb, so I replaced it again and it
too burned out w/in a day. I decided to put one of those heavy duty

Your kids are surrounded by a strong magnetic field. Have they had
any x-rays or CAT scans lately? Do they often go near high voltage
lines?

You need to degauss them.

The effects are totally reversible (as to the kids, not the light
bulbs.)

bulbs in, and it burned out the same day. So I figure there is
something wrong with the fixture, and I replace it with a new one. I
put a bulb in and guess what, w/in 2 hours the bulb is burned out!
Weird. I didn't see anything unusual with the wiring when I replaced
the fixture. I don't want to have a fire, so I'm not doing anything
else until i find out what's causing this. Any ideas?