Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Jeff

Default Filling gaps in a deck

Just carefully cut a piece to fill the gap from a scrap. Glue one side of
the gap with a waterproof glue like epoxy, drive a shim on non glued side to
hold in place til glue dries. Won't look perfect but alot easier than
pulling up pieces.

"Eric Cathell" wrote in message
I have a deck that I am working on. Evidently the wood was majorly wet when
I put it down. On some of the boards the butt seams which were tight, have
gapped in some cases enourmously. A couple of them I replaced with
extras(after letting them sit in the sun for the day). However I cannot
replace all of them.

When I was younger I think I remember my father showing me a trick where
you take scrap wood of the type you are working with. cutting it up to get
sawdust, then mixing the sawdust in woodglue to an appropriate
consistency.....does anyone know of a technique like this? and more
importantly do you think it would work in this instance?

Eric