Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default concrete with fiber

"Rudy" wrote in message
news:zov5g.104631$WI1.43962@pd7tw2no...
I was told they wear or break off later and disappear...maybe they do

My driveway is 2 months old and there is still fuzz sticking out

More driving more driving ! G But normal folk dont drive on ALL their
square feet of driveway anyway..I wonder how many seasons they'll last.

I bet they could be burned off with a torch. Just a flash mind you, too
much heat and the concrete will spall (chip) and leave scorch marks
especially if it is still new. I'd wait at least 6 months before looking to
remidiate the fuzz. Sunlight and a few more months might be enough to
degrade the fuzz sticking out. Don't use a sealer until you understand what
it will do to the fuzz (like make it stick down and last forever)

Mechanically speaking fibers continuously spanning every cubic inck of the
bulk material would have far greater strenghth than a metal bar every 2
feet. You save on labor for sure but as I recall, the fibegglass add-in is
quite expensive in its own right.