Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie®

Default How many new water faucets leak when brand new? halbert exposed

posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

again its a federal requirement that new faucets leak under high
pressure, to prevent a frozen pipe from bursting. this might lead to
leaks in new faucets...

anyone buy a gasoline can lately? the pour spouts, vapor child proof,
highly safe get the can marked not for motor vehicles. its insane, and
nearly impossible to get gas out of the can for my lawn mower. i find
myself taking off the entire lid pour spout, and slobberinmg gasoline
everywhere.

thanks feds

Well Halliburton, I contacted the folks at Moen. My messagw: Comments: A person
on the news groups is insisting that faucets be able to leak. His quote; "
again its a federal requirement that new faucets leak under high pressure, to
prevent a frozen pipe from bursting. this might lead to leaks in new
faucets..." Is this true?

Their reply by phone from a rep named Phil was essentially "Never heard of ANY
code like that" stated further the conditions where they MAY leak - low/high
pressure. So unless you can quote CFR of what you speak then retract your
statement or prepare to fight for every post and mistatement you make.

If you wish to accept a collect call I will forward his voice mail to you.
--
Tekkie