Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Marketing Strategies for Used Electronics

Chris F:
Ask any shop owner who sells used/repaired/reconditioned equipment (I
do) and the answer is that there is a bit more to it than the price
tag.....
...... usually a qualified tech or repair shop clerk will "sell" the
item by providing additional information about its specs, condition and
repair shop warranty, price new, and even a detailed working
demonstration and operator/owner training and maybe even a bartar on
the sale price.... all of which is usually beyond the scope and purview
of whoever "mans" your department at the store in which you have the
equipment.
In addition, some of the equipment that I sell in my shop is a direct
result of a customer prepaid repair cost estimate and a refused
repair.... at that point I can apply half of the prepaid estimate price
toward the purchase of a used replacement item. The offer goes away
once they leave the store.
electricitym
..
..