Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave In WA

Default Houston area: Custom Molding needed

Look for millwork or woodworking millwork in the yellow pages or web search
engine. Near me (Seattle WA) we have 2 mill shops with custom profiles,
either made to order or I get to use the one made for your job after you pay
to have the blade made. Both sources also sell hardwood, so maybe call them
too.

As for making from scratch, you might be able to do multiple passes on a
router table (shaper etc), say a "cove" fallowed by part of a "bead" then a
pass on the table saw to size width...you get the picture.

Option B: buy all new doors, many sources, unassembled or assembled,
finished or not.

you could post a digital image/drawing on then companion to this group
(alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking)...and what ever you not do not search
for different newsgroups with the word "nude"...lot's of trouble there.

wrote in message
oups.com...
My house was built in 1978 and has the cabinet doors made with plywood,
3/8" inset, and a simple molding around all four sides of the door.

I want to reconfigure one area of the cabinets in the kitchen. This
will require four new doors. This should be an easy job, except for
the molding. I cannot find matching molding in the borgs and I cannot
find any router bit or bits that can be used to make the molding.

Can someone recommend an old lumber yard source that would still have
this style molding or someone who could make some. I really don't need
but about 16 linear feet of the molding so I can afford (and expect) to
pay very high price per foot to get exactly what I need.

If you have any suggestions about how to go about making it myself, i
am open to that as well. I am always looking for new excuses to get
more tools. I figure I will need at least a Laguna 16HD bandsaw like
Leon got. :-)

Bob