Posted to alt.home.repair
nonews

Default concrete with fiber

I had a section of a driveway replaced 16 years ago and still not a sign of
any cracks. It had fiber in it and no rebar. This is in Memphis. Perhaps it
is different in a colder climate.
Several years ago one of the do-it-yourself magazines recommended using both
rebar and fiber. As I recall they were saying the fibers prevented small
cracks which could develop into large cracks and the rebar was for support
against major cracks from heavy loads.

"plug" wrote in message
going to have a new driveway poured. One of the contractors [with the best
price] said we didn't need rebar because the concrete he used has the fiber
in it. Should I insist on rebar or does the fiber negate the need for
rebar?
TIA