Posted to rec.woodworking
BobS

Default Did I buy too much saw?....(long and rambling) I think my deal was good

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
I am a beginner woodworker who first started butchering wood about 12
years ago (woodshop on an Air Force base; I'm active duty) I have been
speedly devouring magazines and books dedicated to woodworking and have
recently begun equipping my shop and building basic projects.

snipe....

Lawrence,

One consideration you didn't address - your status. I retired from the AF
back in 83 and moved on average every 18 months - or sooner and spent half
my career on TDY. Any large TS is not going to ship well - very often and
survive. Plus when it's in storage, you have no control over the environment
(think rust) and who will pack and crate it the way it needs to insure it
survives?

If that is not a concern - go for the gold and enjoy. You won't regret it.
I did wait until I retired before getting the big tools for the same reasons
I stated above.

Bob S.