Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©®

Default More cement mixing, and HF vs. HD

I agree w/ the HF hesitation.
Which is why I looked at the HD/Husky mixer--well, looked at the box, at any
rate. As I think I mentioned, at least for compressors, Husky is not a bad
budget brand. In fact, I think my 26 gal is quite good--so far.
At least the Husky mixer will take about four 80 lb bags, volume wise--mebbe
not weight-wise, but we'll see. Unless I find a used one locally.

I'm considering a HF electric snake, floor-standing (sitting?), 50 ft 1/2"
wire, $179. At least $350 and up elsewhere, and they are also crappy. A
really nice small Rigid is $650+.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Ignoramus11316" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 1 May 2006 14:09:44 -0400, Proctologically Violated©®
wrote:
I spose it could, iffin I moved my Bridgeport and Kalamazoo saw....
My basement is actually ground level where the garage door opens (I'm on
hill), so the boom could go no higher than about 6-7' off the floor, and
about 50-60 feet in from the street.

But I'm thinking that a 21 cu ft pour (max), or 2/3 cu yd, is too small
for
them.
You think a truck w/ a boom would be worth it? I'll check it out, but I
have an idea this would be disproportionate bucks, *if* they would even
come.

Call around, they may "share a ride" with someone else in your vicinity.

You can also rent a concrete mixer at a rental place. My guess is that
it would set you back by 50 bucks. I just called our rental place,
they can rent one for $54. Just to give you an idea.

I think that it is better than to get some POS machine from HF. I have
a lot of HF tools, but would be uncomfortable with a concrete mixer,
not that I speak from experience.

Plus, I'm not sure I'd be prepared enough for a truck, as I sorta figger
**** out as I go along....
I've got so many "issues"......

I can sympathize with that!

So, what is exactly the reason why a concrete truck with a big boom
cannot reach that place that you need concreted.