Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©®

Default More cement mixing, and HF vs. HD

Good back indeed. Ergo at least an electric mixer, fergodsakes!!

I should add that I'm also one of these broke-assed home-moaners, so I gotta
strike some balance between cost and convenience. Altho I'll weigh
anything/everything, so far the bags of readymix seem to be the lesser of
numerous evils.
The addition of a little portland seems like a good idea, altho Sakrete does
brag about some high-strength 5,000 "test" or sumpn....

Yeah, thought of throwing a "mixing party", and altho my neighbors and
fair-weather friends like me a whole lot better since I got my pickup truck,
they still don't like me *that* much.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"marson" wrote in message
ups.com...
how remote from a drop off point? i imagine by now you are getting
sick of hearing ideas from people who are suggesting an alternative to
small batch mixing, but here's a few mo

1. rent a skidsteer. have readymix concrete delivered and schlepp it
to your site with the bobcat, one bucket at a time. (i've done that
one)

2. check into a conveyor truck. i can get a truck with a 80' conveyor
for about ninety bucks, plus the cost of the concrete of course, which
has got to be the deal of the century. (something tells me youre not
that close).

3. would a pumper truck reach?

having learned concrete the hard way myself, i'll i can say is i hope
you have a good back and good luck.