Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boilers at B and Q

EricP wrote:
On 1 May 2006 09:31:19 -0700, wrote:

You're very lucky IMO. If I was B&Q I wouldn't have offered a
replacement either. The usual practice is to contact the manufacturer
and they will send an engineer out to rectify the fault, if they can't
solve it on the phone.
Why go through the hassle of removing the boiler and installing another
when you can sit back and let the manufacturers sort it?

What is "usual practice"?

He bought an item from a retail store that was defective. The
manufacturer could have denied any responsibility, because they didn't
sell him the boiler directly.

That's hardly likely.

His recourse in law is with B&Q, not the manufacturer.

Fine, if you want to waste your time.

He followed the normal practice for a consumer purchase and was
rejected by the vendor, which is against the consumer law in this
country.

You don't have the faintest idea about Sale of Good Acts and such do
you! )

This isn't alt.uk.law or about the semantics of the sale of goods act.
This is about installing a boiler, problems and the REAL world,
something you obviously have no idea about.

In your world a problem with a self installed boiler is the same as a
faulty power drill.

I never said B&Q didn't bear responsibility for problems with the
boiler, just that it was normal/better practice to contact the boiler
manufacturer first and get it resolved.

Never mind, I don't have time to play with you. Bye. )

No, you don't have an answer so you play the smug card with your
smilies. Pat yourself on the back.