Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fish tank with power head, possible electrical leak?

raden wrote:
In message . com,
" writes

i dipped the tip of 2 of my normal test pens (those with a small bulbs
in them )and the bulb lit too.

You might just as well stick your penis in - you'll get more or less the
same non quantifiable result

Without real figures (i.e. volts), you're going nowhere fast

lol - thats not recommended either. Like Geoff says, your reading
doesnt tell you whats needed in order to know whether theres a problem.

All I could say is that if the neon lights, there is some leakage
somewhere - but whether its in the fish tank or not I cant know, and
whether its safe or not I cant know. Raden's test would certainly tell
you!

NT