Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default How Can You Discern a Good Quality Screwdriver?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi guys.

I was putting together some furniture today & the screws were
infuriatingly difficult to get in. I could barely generate enough
force to turn them. As I progressed I noticed my screwdriver was
chipping &/or flaking away at the point.

I'm assuming I have a cheap screwdriver. I want to buy a good quality
screwdriver but don't want to get another cheapo. I'm sure I could
just buy the most expensive screwdriver I can find & I probably won't
have a problem but I like to know why I am spending my hard earned
cash.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanx 4 looking.

I know what you mean. I haven't had this problem with Craftsman (Sears)
screwdrivers, but I don't find their handles to be very comfortable. You
might try Snap-On. Expensive, but nice handles. Order online, or flag down
one of their trucks.

The other issue is that a lot of hardware these days is crap, so even with
the best screwdriver, you have to be much more careful than in the past.