Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Copper piping - 3/4" to 1/2"

What was said.

Sometimes hardware stores have partial lengths of 1/2", if you can't use a
whole length.
You might want to keep this 3/4 for a future repair that really does require
3/4. Keep in mind also that you will have to buy *extra* adapters, etc. in
going from the 1/2 to 3/4, and then proly from the 3/4 to yer sink, so the
fix won't be totally no-cost. Plus, 3/4 fittings are of course more
expensive than the 1/2.

All in all, it's proly a toss up. I would proly go for the 1/2, mostly cuz
I know I'll be using the 3/4 later.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
wrote in message
ups.com...
I am installing a utility sink in my basement off of my shop, and am
working with existing 1/2" copper water lines. I have 16' of new 3/4"
piping leftover that I would like to use to plumb in the new sink. Are
there any reasons that I could not run my lines with the 3/4" pipe and
proper connections to the existing plumbing?

Thanks for the help.