Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Strange electrical problem

Could put a bulb in a normal socket, observe the briteness.
Then put it in this fixture, see if it is perceptibly brighter.
If it is, you have a voltage problem, which could be a neutral wire problem.
As was suggested, a voltmeter the right way to go, if you have one.
Cheapies, less than $10, are more than adequate.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
wrote in message
oups.com...
The light in my kids closet burned out. I replaced it and it burned out
w/in a day. I thought I had a bad bulb, so I replaced it again and it
too burned out w/in a day. I decided to put one of those heavy duty
bulbs in, and it burned out the same day. So I figure there is
something wrong with the fixture, and I replace it with a new one. I
put a bulb in and guess what, w/in 2 hours the bulb is burned out!
Weird. I didn't see anything unusual with the wiring when I replaced
the fixture. I don't want to have a fire, so I'm not doing anything
else until i find out what's causing this. Any ideas?