Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Consumer Reports and choice of stainless kitchen sink - C-Tech-I?

non magnetic is much more rust resistant. i have personally seen
stainless gas grills with light rusting all were magnetic stainless.
many knowledgable friends say buy only non magnetic stainless. its much
stronger harder and more durable but costs more and is way harder to
machine. according to my best friend a machinist...

i suspect most stainless sinks are on magnetic, when i bought ine about
10 years ago all but the cheapest were non magnetic.

in general the lowest price anything is rarely a real bargain, it was
made to be cheap

the highest price stuff is made to maximize profit.

the mid price stuff is generally a good compromise and likely more
durable

as important is the faucet, since they get lots of use.