Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

Default weird coincidences?

In article om, "catlyns" wrote:
I need your help! I moved into my 50 year home in September, brought
with me many small electronic devices that worked just fine in my old
house.
When I moved in I noticed that 2 elements of my electric stove failed
to heat. My new neighbor claims that the previous owner replaced the
stove 3 times in 8 years, but I can't confirm.

Probably a bad neutral connection at the incoming electrical service. In
addition to damaging appliances, this is also a safety hazard, and should be
corrected as soon as possible.

Have a different electrician come out, and check the neutral connection at the
service entrance panel -- if that checks out OK, make sure he checks the
neutral connections for *all* of the branch circuits.

--
Regards,