Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Default Help ! Finlandia Video Recorder (users manual required)

the_constructor wrote:
Hi All,

Hope I am in the right NewsGroup

Err. Nope [crossposting to sci.electronics.repair & uk.d-i-y]

I have been given an ex-rental Granada Finlandia Video Recorder. It works
fine using all the buttons on the machine, but, it has a remote control
which has a LCD screen and I have no instructions for it. I can't even find
anything on the net. Certain remote functions work ok but having difficulty
trying to work out how to do timed recording.

Anyone help please....

There is no model number on the unit only a serial number..... and DPSS on
the front of the machine.

The machine is made by Sharp. DPSS (Digital Program Search System) is
their invention.

So after a google for "sharp finlandia" we come to this list
http://www.hamradio-badarc.co.uk/video/vcreq/eqvcr3.htm

Granada VHSLY1 Sharp OEM Finlandia
Granada VHSLY2 Sharp Finlandia
Granada VHSMY6 Sharp VCA50HM Finlandia

This might get you a little further with a google search, or someone
else might now recognise it!

--
Adrian C