Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
Don Pearce

Default Is my LT44 transformer suitable for audio (de)coupling?

On Mon, 01 May 2006 14:57:42 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Don Pearce wrote:
Narrow bandwidth? I don't call a bandwidth of nearly 2GHz narrow.

Don't these things tend to be measured in octaves, as it were?

Yes, but remember we are talking about scraping away at the last
vestiges of the state of the art here. Optimum noise match varies over
that range, and designing matching structures that keep the complex
impedance of the waveguide transition at the exact conjugate of the
input transistor noise match over such a bandwidth really is far from
simple. By comparison audio is a breeze - I promise.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com