Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
Michael A. Terrell

Default Is my LT44 transformer suitable for audio (de)coupling?

Don Pearce wrote:

Thank you! I did make a gaffe. The actual figure for the Neve noise
figure is about 3dB. That is still unforgivably poor for high end kit
- it is in fact no better than my little Behringer. Ten years ago I
was designing satellite receivers working up at 12GHz. The noise
figure I was working to was 0.3dB.

Its a lot easier to reduce the noise figure at a narrow bandwidth at
microwave frequencies.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell