Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

Default Toshiba satellite USB Ports Broken Need help

Sorry I'm still asleep and that didn't make any sense... Here is what I
meant to say

USB connector peels itself off the motherboard.

So I guess that means that they use SMT USB ports.. You'd think that they
would use through hole to help avoid people ripping the connector off the
board. One good thing about that is it will probably be easier than trying
to solder to a huge motherboard ground plane with a regular through hole
connector but then again I could be wrong about that, especially if they
have a huge ground plane on the smt USB port.

- Mike