Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
Phil Allison

Default Is my LT44 transformer suitable for audio (de)coupling?

"Dave Plowman (No-News)"
Dumb Pommy Prick

Yes that is very similar. The great thing about using these discretes
as front ends is that the knee frequency for 1/f noise is way lower
than the transistors in the average op-amp. So not only don't they
hiss - they don't rumble either. Three of them in parallel is about
right for a mic at about 150 to 200 ohms.

Last time I played with this idea I found it very sensitive to RF
interference.

** Matching the source and load impedances RF style does that !!

You Bloody IDIOT !!