Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
Don Pearce

Default Is my LT44 transformer suitable for audio (de)coupling?

On Mon, 01 May 2006 10:55:59 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Don Pearce wrote:
Thank you! I did make a gaffe. The actual figure for the Neve noise
figure is about 3dB. That is still unforgivably poor for high end kit
- it is in fact no better than my little Behringer.

Heh heh. But I'll guarantee which one sounds better...

I wouldn't put money on that if I were you. I've measured the
performance of the Behringer, and I can find no fault with it. It has
problems, of course, but they are limitations imposed by cheap
implementation - certainly not in the sound department.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com