Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
william kossack

Default Super Nova vs. Oneway Chucks

I have Nova chucks.

When starting out turning I wanted a 4 jaw chuck. With all the other
associated costs with starting turning I decided to save a bit of money
and buy a super nova. At times now I think about getting a larger
vicmark chuck but I've already over spent this year on just turning wood
etc.

Suggestion, buy what the people you know buy. If they have vicmark
chucks and you buy Nova you'll never hear the end of it.

Bassboat wrote:
Hi, my name is John and I am new to this group. I am also new to
woodturning.
I would like some advice as to which chuck to buy for my Jet 14-42 lathe.
Can
someone give me some good advice? TIA.
John