Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Roy

Default More cement mixing, and HF vs. HD

Ever hear of a sweat board......fast not overly hard, and you get to
find out who your friends are.

Get two sheets of plywood, and scab together so youy have a 8' x 8'
square......with the scab facing down. Add a friend on each side (4 or
more is great) and one on a wheel barrow, POstion sweat board near or
next to where you want the concrete poured, have person on wheel
barrow add dry ingredients, like 3 barrows of aggregate, 2 barrows of
sand one barrow of cement for a 3.2.1 ratio mix and let other go at it
with shovels or hoes, add water as needed and push shovel scrape off
mixed concrete to hwere its nbeeded or place in barrow and wheel in
place. You would be surprised just how fast a few fellas can mix up a
lot of concrete. It was a very cxommon way of mixing and placing
concrete back in the 30's or earlier and I even got to work sweat
boards as youngin in the late 50's.......
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1982.
Aquariums since 1956.
Some assholes Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
*Note: There are several *Koi-Lo's* on rec.ponds.
But, I am the one and only original Koi-Lo.