Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Ignoramus11316

Default More cement mixing, and HF vs. HD

On 1 May 2006 07:26:54 -0700, Harry K wrote:

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Might could work, but indeed a bit of schlep...
Proly I'm best off w/ bags and a mixer, at least for now.
But I must say I have a bit of a better perspective on the deal. Now I just
gotta learn the ins/outs of pouring floors.
Plus, w/ my own mixer, I'll have even more friends in the neighborhood than
when I got my pickup truck.
Well, at least I won't have as many flattened tires....

Something to think about if you mix your own with premix bags. I find
the standard mix in bags a bit weak. When using it, I buy a bag of
pure cement and add some (usually a coffee can full) per bag. That
results in -very- hard concrete and you probably don't need that much
but I am on the "more power" side of DIY.

Would he need that for a poured floor?

Anyway, I would go to great lengths to avoid dealing with moving
hundreds of concrete bags around... The dust is very unpleasant also.