Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.engr.lighting,uk.d-i-y
Andy

Default Still possible to get UK plug into standard light pendant

On 01 May 2006, wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/hdcjd

I bought a few of these from a local hardware shop a few years
back. They're great for powering xmas lights, especially as you can
turn them on/off from the light switch. Also worked well for
powering my mirror ball motor.

I'm sure I've seen some old pictures of a woman doing her ironing
and the iron connected the main room light via one of these
conectors!!!

http://www.74simon.co.uk/plugs.html

Mazz

That last link is great. But he doesn't have the type I last used which
was just a bayonet adapter from which a lead came out.

The web page shows a more upmarket one where you can actually insert a
two pin plug into the back of the bayonet adapter.

Now if I can't get one then, hmmm, it's almost like one of Clive's
Projects (see sci.engr.lighting) to convert a lightbulb's own bayonet
plug into one of these!!!. Oh no. :-)