Posted to rec.woodworking

Default JET bandsaw update

eclipsme wrote:

But humiliation? Nah! Why would I be humiliated. Perhaps JET, but not
me.

Thanks,
Harvey

I was not clear. There should be no sense of humiliation on your part.
ONLY on Jet's. As Swingman pointed out, Jet claims to have designed
the saw this way, out of alignment. To me, this makes as much sense as
saying that GM designed cars with their front ends out of alignment.
They may have, but it sure wasn't for our benefit.

And the humiliating part was that you had to take pictures and talk to
some nitwit about a problem that is apparently quite well known. They
were unable, unaware, or too stupid to grasp this problem which again
has obviously been around long enough for the woodworking community to
have their own workaround available.

I would be terribly embarassed if one of my clients showed me how to
flash a chimney properly or how to cope molding. Humiliation wouldn't
cover it for me.

I am not averse to setting up or tuning up a machine. That is
expected; it is a long way from China. But to the extent you had to do
it would be too much time and downright annoyance.

Robert