Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Speechless

Default BTU calculator

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:46:59 -0400, "SteveF" wrote:

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
Awl--

Looking for a decent A/C btu calculator. Did google, which increasingly
seems to be a chaotic hassle. Plus being a pyooter moron don't help.

Found one, I thought on the Mitsubishi site, for mini-splits (MrSlim.com),
but now I can't find it again--at least not the same one.
The one I found, and lost, actually did room *volume* (not just area), and
accounted for the # of people occupying the area, as well as kitchen
proximity.

You mean this one?
http://www.mini-split.com/html/mini-split.htm

FYI, people (sedentary) are about equivalent to a 60-75 buhb--iow, not the
brightest buhbs. huyuk
Very heavy exertion can bring this up, short term, to 250 W, in trained
athaletes (yes, 3 syllables).

Inyway, iny clues?? Or does anyone mebbe know the formula? Some will
include a geographical factor, 0.7 for the northeast.

I'd ask on alt.hvac, but that's a g-d effort in futility.
But Cliff will proly cross-post it for me.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Don't know of a specific calculator for AC loads but you might continue
searching with "Manual J" which is the calculation guide book for HVAC
loads. A place to lurk for possible answers might be www.hvac-talk.com.

A spreadsheet for heating loads is on the Pikes Peak Building Department web
site http://www.pprbd.org/plancheck/heat_loss.html from which you can pull
the formulas.

Good luck.

Steve.