Posted to alt.home.repair
SJF

Default Lawnmower..front vs. rear drive

"Bob M." wrote in message
. ..
rear wheel drive is the only way to go with mowers, for this reason...

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
With the front drive, if you want to go around a corner, you push down
on the handle. Then, the front wheels are off the ground. Much easier
than lifting the machine off the ground. I've used both.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"NickySantoro" wrote in message
I have to get a new mower soon and have been seeing a lot of rear
drive types advertised. Are there any significant advantages or
disadvantages to the rear drive as opposed to the front drive I am
used to?

I don't get this idea that a rear wheel drive is maneuvered around a corner
any differently than a front wheel drive. The rear wheel drive model has a
differential in the powered axle and it will pivot on a dime, so to speak,
with the handle depressed and the front wheel raised. I've had two. I make
90 and 180 degree turns by pressing down on the handle and swinging around
with drive usually engaged.

SJF