Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
Phil Allison

Default Is my LT44 transformer suitable for audio (de)coupling?

"Matti Adolfsen"

To get the best possible noise figure from a mic preamp, you must match
the amp input impedance to the microphone.

** Absolutely FALSE !!!

The best signal to noise ratio is obtained when the mic impedance is MUCH
less that the load impedance. This allows the mic to generate the
greatest signal voltage at the input while noise is a function of actual
mic impedance in the audio band.

Check your source information,

** Check the source of your's - ****wit.

It needs wiping immediately.

I'm talking about the thermal noise created in the resistive part of the
dynamic microphone.

** So am I.

But I actually know what I am talking about.

Best noise figure can be obtained if the power matching is correct:

** Absolute BULL**** !!

source and load impedances must be matched:

** Absolute BULL**** !!

Maximum power transfer from microphone to preamp, and reduction of the
noise source impedance to 50% of the original. This theory is used in RF
design too.

** RF theory must not be applied to audio..

The world of audio uses "max voltage transfer" when linking sources to
loads.

You are a moronic ass.

**** OFF.