Posted to sci.electronics.repair
K `Sleep

Default Where to order Bob Parker ESR meter from USA

As a Canadian EBayer...Canada Post sucks, but that's because the border
holds packages for inspection for so long, when tracking a parcel...I've
seen my poor little parcels stuck at the border for up to 2WEEKS...which is
INSANE!
I have purchased and sold from/to Australia, and unless you wish to pay a
freakishly large amount for air postage, then you are stuck with shipping by
boat...which can take up to a month...or MORE. I sold a item to a Aussie for
35.00(us$), and shipping via air was 75.00, and boat was 58.00(can$).
Air shipping wasn't screamingly fast either, as I was quoted 2 weeks...or
more, for it.
Buying a item was SLOW...as I wanted shipping by boat...which took 2
MONTHS!. Shipping by boat also means NO TRACKING is available!.
I'm certain the seller can give you approximate shipping times...but you
better not be in too much a hurry.

"DaveM" wrote in message
"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
I live in Florida and was wondering where the best place to order the Bob
Parker ESR meter is. Will shipping take a long time from Australia? I've
never had fast shipping from Canada so I don't know if I want to pay more
to buy it from www.flippers.com . It is about $10 cheaper from Dick Smith
directly.

Does anybody else sell this kit?

- Mike

I also live in Florida, and have a Bob Parker ESR meter. Bought it from
John's Jukes (flippers) several years ago. I don't remember how long the
shipping took, but I don't remember it being excessive. I'd expect that
delivery from Australia would take somewhat longer than from Canada.
Haven't a clue as to how much longer though.
If delivery time is that important, why don't you send an email to each
vendor and ask about the shipping. Waiting for an intelligent reply might
take longer than you want, so I guess it's a toss-up.
Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters

Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.
If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?
Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.
One of us is thinking about sex... OK, it's me.
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.