Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Rubenstein

Default Super Nova vs. Oneway Chucks

I own a Oneway Stronghold and a Oneway Talon. They are both
trouble-free and great to use.

Bill

Fred Holder wrote:
Welcome to Woodturning John,

The Nova, Oneway, and Vicmarc chucks are all excellent and you cannot go wrong
with any of them. I personally have Nova Chucks, partly because they were the
first four jaw scroll chuck on the market for woodturners and I purchased one in
about 1990. I bought a second one a year later and a bunch of chuck jaws. I now
have all of their chucks including the new G3 and the 5" chuck. I have to
recommend Nova chucks because that is where my experience lies.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com

In article , Bassboat says...

Hi, my name is John and I am new to this group. I am also new to
woodturning.
I would like some advice as to which chuck to buy for my Jet 14-42 lathe.
Can
someone give me some good advice? TIA.
John