Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.architecture.alternative
Abby Normal

Default Swamp Cooler to Refrigeration A/C

I went through the methodolgy in a previous post, it sort of
illustrates how the wet bulb temperature of the air entering an
evaporative cooler will directly impact the leaving dry bulb
temperature. The difference between this leaving dry bulb and the room
dry bulb is used to determine how much air is required for the cooling
process. The outdoor unit CAN supply air with a cooler dry bulb
temperature than what an indoor evaporative cooler can. You do not
seem to think this matters.

The change in moisture content between the air entering and leaving the
cooler is how much water the process needs. Again look at Chapter 51 of
the 2003 handbook. I had your favourite Kreider and Rabl prior to the
hurricane, and if the book would have survived the storm, I would see
if I could give you a page or two there for your to read. How about
MacQusiton and Parker, I still have a copy of that in which I could
refer you to a few pages if you will not take the 2003 Handbook as
adequate reference?

You are actually describing yourself Nick "It seems to me that the
problems are your arrogance and ignorance. If you could set aside the
arrogance, you might cure your ignorance by learning more about the
300-year-old physics you talk about with no understanding." You keep
going on and on about evaporative cooling yet you ignore the most
important fundamental.

You are ignorant of the key fundamental of evaporative cooling and your
arrogance does not let you see how you could possibly be wrong. I
suggest you see what ASHRAE has to say and compare it to your 300 year
old physics so you can see where you went wrong.

Some people do HVAC for a living, others do not and want to dream.
Sometimes you need a dreamer to revolutionize things, but sometimes you
need to slap the dreamer in the head to wake him up.

Maybe learn the 100 year plus old physics of a guy who worked for
Buffalo Forge and came up with an apparaturs that controlled
temperature and humidity. He looked at dalton's law of partial
pressures, ideal gas law,saturated water vapour pressures and developed
a chart. It related the temperature of air to the amount of moisture in
the air. The most useful development ever in the history of controlling
the indoor environment.

Do you even acknowledge the problems of blowing the exhaust into an
attic or an attached garage?