Posted to alt.home.repair
DCheesi

Default Sealing/painting finished walls in basement? Moisture issues?

(m Ransley) wrote in news:2152-4454C391-50@storefull-
3136.bay.webtv.net:

The texture you see might be DryLock a waterproof paint. I Dont know if
you can paint over DryLock, read a can label, talk to a real pro at a
real paint store.

No, I don't think so. I guess I wasn't very clear about what I've got here.
The basement was fully finished (minus laundry & storage) when the house
was built. These are full-fledged sheetrock(?) walls on wooden framing,
within the actual cinderblock. I'm afraid that if the cinderblock lets
moisture in, and I seal the inner wall surface, the moisture will just soak
into the wood framing and rot it. BTW, only part of the basement is buried,
as I'm on a hill. But of course the spots where the cats sprayed are all
along the bottom where it is below ground level.

Thanks,
DCheesi