Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Liebermann

Default Toshiba satellite USB Ports Broken Need help

lid (harrisod) hath wroth:

I have an A75-S231 Toshiba Satellite laptop that needs repair. I
know the USB Ports are damaged and need replaced. I can do the
repair myself, but need the Parts. I've tried finding parts online
but everyone wants me to send the Laptop to them for repair, but the
cost is unreal. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase replacement
parts? There is a single port on the right side and a dual port on
the back that needs replacement. Or am I totally screwed?

You're not totally screwed but we need some help identifying the maker
and model number of the USB connector. Toshiblah laptops use a
variety of USB form factors. A closeup photo of the inside of the
laptop showing the specific connector would be a big help. Meanwhile,
dig through the USB connectors at Mouser, Digikey, and other vendors
and see if anything looks familiar. They're cheap enough that you can
buy an assortment if you're not sure of the exact replacement part.

Something like this perhaps?
http://www.keyelco.com/dynamicnav/search_keywords.asp
http://www.keyelco.com/products/prod47.asp

--