Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bassboat

Default Super Nova vs. Oneway Chucks

Hi Bill, what chuck do you use? John

"William B Noble (don't reply to this address)" wrote
in message ...
both the chucks you suggest will be fine. I don't like the "gear"
that Nova uses, I prefer chucks that tighten with an allen wrench -
the gear type tends to cam out and wear, it's much hardter to make it
really tight if you need to. My chuck of choice is a different brand
than those two, key consideration though was tightening via an allen
wrench not a bevled gear. (yes, I also have a Nova, use it for
smaller stuff)

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:34:47 -0500, "Bassboat"
wrote:

Hi, my name is John and I am new to this group. I am also new to
woodturning.
I would like some advice as to which chuck to buy for my Jet 14-42 lathe.
Can
someone give me some good advice? TIA.
John

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com